Full Job Description
Job Summary:Responsible for the duties associated with the performance of autopsies under the direction of the Hospital Pathologist and or Medical Examiner. Responsible for photography and fingerprinting of Medical Examiner cases. Responsible for the admitting and releasing of bodies. Responsible for viewing of deceased bodies and dealing with the families when necessary. May act as the Morgue Supervisor during his absence.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year of experience as an autopsy technician, embalmer and/or funeral home experience.
- Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
- Prefer the ability to work rotating shifts and availability to report to work as needed.
- Prefer demonstrated initiative and attention to detail.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to show compassion towards families.
- Prefer demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
Job Category: Others
Company: Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
Job Type: Part Time
Education: High School Diploma
Job Location: Florida Sarasota
Experience: Entry Level