Full Job Description
CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey’s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals – Christ Hospital in Jersey City, Hoboken University Medical Center and Bayonne Medical Center. CarePoint united three area hospitals to provide 360-degree-coordinated care by integrating the medical facilities and physician networks associated with these institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey and each year provides care to over 300,000 individuals.
CarePoint prides itself on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management. Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts, CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address urgent population health needs.
MAIN FUNCTIONS: Safe and timely transportation of patients and or material throughout the hospital
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a positive role model possesses integrity, focus, commitment, flexibility, diplomacy and a team spirit. Is reliable and trustworthy.
- Demonstrates promotes and understands the Hospital mission and values,
- Proactive in the achievement of the department goals and objectives
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures including patient safety, care and confidentiality
- Drives quality and continuously improves departmental performance through timely response to pages from computerized Transport system
- Ensures the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients to their destination to include bringing the proper requested equipment and demonstrates competency in transporting all specific age-groups.
- Notifies nursing personnel, clinician, technician or reception upon arrival for patient. Verifies correct patient identification by comparing information from pager to patient wristband and the hospital’s designated 2nd form of identification on the chart ; obtains correct chart; verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms standard precautions and adheres to standard precaution policies
- Ensures proper oxygen levels in O2 tanks and secures IV’s, drainage tubes before transporting patients
- Utilizes proper groin maintenance when transporting cardiac patients
- Ensures the comfort of the patient by being attentive; offers blankets, checks modesty and only engages in appropriate conversation involving the patient. Never transport patient in severe pain without advising nursing Staff. Advises nursing staff immediately upon any emergency signs of patient distress and notifies department management/plant ops of any broken equipment
- Utilizes proper body mechanics when lifting and transporting patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers, chairs or beds
- Assists nursing (or directly) in bedding patient or moving patient from bed into wheelchair or onto stretcher. Consults with nursing personnel before lifting and transferring patient and obtains assistant when necessary. Makes sure that patient at time of transport has all personal belongings and transports belongings with patient
- Completes transport quickly and efficiently immediately notifies dispatcher when assignment are initiated and completed by transport phone interactive voice response system. IF no transport requests come through the transport pager system transporter is to keep in touch immediately with dispatcher by hospital phone usage. Must notify dispatcher of delays and cancellations immediately
- Upon start and completion of transport and during down time collects disinfects removes any linen from top of equipment and returns transport equipment to the proper holding area. Uses equipment and supplies appropriately and does not cause department unnecessary expenses
- Responds to emergency activities such as code calls, disaster drills, fire drills and adheres to policy’s and procedures
- Completes traction Set ups
- Completes morgue discharges/funeral home morgue pick ups
- During down time fills O2-tanks
- At times will assist in training new hired/and existing employees
- Performs other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or /GED Required.
EXPERIENCE: None, although some Hospital experience preferred.
LICENSURE/Qualifications: Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language. Must be alert and observant and possess excellent listening skills.
Job Category: Healthcare Transportation
Company: CarePoint Health Management Associates
Job Type: Part Time
Education: High School Diploma
Job Location: Bayonne New Jersey
Experience: Entry Level