Full Job Description
Summary: The Cemetery Associate will provide general support and execute office duties to the assigned location. This will include office reception, receiving telephone calls and assisting families. Assist with the details regarding our services to clients, families, and are generally the first point of contact of our cemeteries. The Cemetery Associate I ensures the smooth operation of the office while also assisting other office and grounds personal with administrative details.
. Requirements:Position Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, interoffice communication, schedule appointments as needed.
- Assist in trust processing as needed.
- Provides general administrative support to include but not limited to daily deposits, work orders and filling.
- Asist families with merchandise purchases that are relative to grave, crypt or niche.
- Assist visitors inquiring about burial locations.
- Assist families that come into office for concerns with cemetery policy.
- Provide other internal cemetery locations with daily interment lists and ensures that interments are recorded properly and on a timely basis.
- Maintain and keep information updated in customer accounting software (HMIS) to include entering all contracts into accounting software.
- Prepares certificate of ownership documentation.
- Assists families that come into the office and provide prompt and courteous service.
- Maintain a good knowledge of cemetery policy in order to assist families and coworkers.
- Assists with the billing process, audit procedures and inventory.
- Assists as needed with the memorial application process.
- Adhering to safety training and protocols on a daily basis, and taking precautionary measure to ensure the safety and well-being of self, others.
- Responsible for protecting the confidentiality of any information or material obtained in the service with the organization to include but not limited to client names and information, services rendered to clients, donors names and gifts, internal and external investigations or results of any investigations, and financial information.
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct and the Faith and Moral Policy is mandatory.
- Every employee is required to take a solution-oriented approach in their interactions and undertakings, as well as being a team member that promotes collaboration and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of working in an office environment.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have good customer service skills;
- Experience with email, word processing, telephone and other standard office applications and equipment;
- Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, work well independently and on a team;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be willing to work independently and on a team.