Full Job Description
Department: Gracelawn Cemetery
Starting Salary: $16.11 -17.12 Per Hour
This is a safety sensitive position.
Effective Tuesday, September 7th and until further notice, all future City of Edmond employees will be required to have at least the first dose of a COVID vaccination before they will be hired. New employees who have received the first dose will be required to get the second dose when they are allowed to do so by the vaccination guidelines.
Our Mission: The Cemetery’s mission is to serve the Public with their interment needs and provide landscape maintenance for 50 acres of Cemetery Grounds.
The life of a Cemetery Maintenance Worker II: Gracelawn Cemetery employees benefit from a 7:30am-4:00 pm work schedule with frequent overtime. You will work closely with other employees while maintaining the cemetery grounds and assisting with the preparation and maintenance of grave sites.
- Funeral preparation, setting grave frames, measuring out grave space, digging & closing grave; set up of tent, lowering device, greens, chairs & signs.
- Calculating areas and verifying plot size and location.
- Setting of monuments & concrete footings.
- Grounds maintenance including removal & disposal of debris, dirt filling of low areas, care & maintenance of plants, snow removal.
- Operate and maintain hand tools, trucks & equipment.
- Assist Cemetery Manager with recording burial information, answer telephone, answer inquiries from the public regarding cemetery information.
- Work is performed outdoors during all seasons.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Your work has a direct, positive impact on the citizens of Edmond
- You get to work in a diverse, collaborative environment.
- Besides a safe, stable, learning environment, we get a generous benefits package for our health, vision, dental, and wellbeing.
- We have a dedicated, on-site, medical clinic that is no cost to employees and immediate dependents for the services and Rx they provide.
- We earn time off for vacation and sick leave; we have paid holidays, longevity, and retirement for our future.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent and related experience and or training related to the duties of this position.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
- Prefer knowledge and prior experience in general Cemetery operations.
- Must have knowledge of preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to deal with the public during stressful times using compassion and understanding.
- Must be willing to perform frequent over-time.
- Must have strength to lift, push, pull or carry objects weighing 50 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Must be able to safely operate a backhoe.
- Must be able to pass extensive background process and pre-employment drug, physical and audio screenings.