Full Job Description
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain cemetery grounds by following daily tasks set by the Cemetery Crew Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upkeeps the grounds by mowing, cutting shrubbery, trimming trees, sweeping roads, blowing and picking up leaves, and emptying and cleaning trash receptacles
- Opens gravesite by digging with proper equipment
- Closes gravesite by covering graves, planting new grass seed, and washing all equipment
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment as needed
- Performs other similar duties as required
Job Specifications and Qualifications
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: standing, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, balancing, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting, talking.
- Heavy Work: Exerting 50 – 100 pounds occasionally, 25 -50 pounds frequently, or from 10 up to 20 pounds constantly.
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity, respiratory hazards, noise and vibration, physical hazards.
- Prioritizing work
- Solving problems
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction