Full Job Description
Schedules funerals, performs sales activities, maintains records, and documents transactions within the City of Lubbock Cemetery. Provides information to customers and other businesses.
- Schedule services performed on cemetery grounds;
- Generate and participate in cemetery sales and service;
- Discuss lot locations with prospective buyers, advise about cemetery policies and cost of property, arrange for the sale of lots;
- Assist funeral directors with funeral arrangements, ensure that all interments and disinterments are legal and in order;
- Coordinate funeral services with maintenance and operations;
- Design advertising, promotional programs and public relations;
- Work with customer complaints and attempt to settle the complaint to ensure maximum customer satisfaction;
- Maintain records and prepare reports;
- Perform related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Accounting and recordkeeping procedures;
- Sales, marketing;
- General management procedures;
- Cemetery operations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, city officials, other city departments, funeral directors, and monument companies;
- Communicate effectively with others;
- Review contract documents.
- Occasionally stand and walk during the shift.
- Push and pull objects.
- Frequently flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially at the knees.
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the left or right while sitting or standing.
- Place arms above, at, or below shoulder height.
- Coordinate eye, hand, and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.