Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Participates in openings and closings for interments, entombments, inurnments, and disinterment as well as the installation of memorials and markers. Performs grounds and facilities maintenance.
- Performs openings & closings for burials, entombments and inurnments
- Sets, installs, and assembles foundations, memorials, and markers
- Installs outer burial containers
- Handles and completes work orders from client families as it pertains to individual grave and marker maintenance
- Responds to and completes requests for service/work orders
- Conducts Interment Verification Procedures
- Conducts 25 foot radius preparation for burials and ensures the area is clean and neat
- Fills grave, tamps, seeds or sods
- Adheres to all Company safety rules and Universal Precautions
- Maintains and protects Company assets by performing regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Completes Dignity University courses and other training as assigned
- Adheres to all standards of the Dignity Memorial Promise
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months experience operating standard equipment
- Acceptable driving record and applicable license(s) to operate equipment/vehicles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw and pump
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, a dump truck, tractor, utility vehicle, marker trailed, dump trailer, jack hammer, tamper and backhoe
- Ability to accurately use measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yardstick, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families Ability to lift heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in various adverse weather conditions
- Understands safety and security issues and implications
- Mechanical aptitude