Full Job Description
ST. JOSEPH’S CEMETERY, CHEWS LANDING
Location: St. Joseph’s Cemetery, 240 Lower Landing Rd., Chews Landing, NJ
Accountability: Report and work under the supervision of Superintendent / Foreman.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week Monday – Friday, occasional Saturday work as necessary.
Experience: Experience with lawn and garden equipment required.
Requirements: 21 years of age or older, driver’s license, subject to a driving history background check
for insurance purposes. Criminal background check as well.
Principal duties and responsibilities: Be aware and follow safety features for operation and
maintenance of equipment and all cemetery and mausoleum operations.
- Work individually or with another fieldworker as required
- Ensure accuracy of interment or entombment (open and close niches, crypts).
- Prepare graves and maintains cemetery grounds, including but not limited to excavating of graves, burial functions, setting of lowering device and tent, seeding, fertilizing, mowing grass, trimming grass, pruning shrubs, trimming trees, and planting.
- Set foundations and install selected markers and vases.
- Clean mausoleum, statues, monuments, equipment.
- Operate all heavy equipment including backhoe, trucks, lawn mowers. Must be able to read and understand maps and layouts of graves and locations in the mausoleum.
- Maintain and clean shop and garage.
- Clean and maintain office building and storage area.
Physical Demands: must be able to stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., climb ladders, stoop,
kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and see.