Full Job Description
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Properly receive and process human remains and ensures that the cremated remains are returned to the authorized person(s) according to company procedures and applicable Federal, State and Municipal regulations. Duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing all the tasks involved in the cremation process
- Receives remains and ensures all documentation is complete and visual identification of the deceased is complete and accurate.
- Completes all required documentation with respect to cremation process and equipment maintenance
- Adheres to all professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations applicable to the cremation of human remains
- Adheres to all applicable policies and procedures
- Maintains all Company logs/reports and required state-specific reports
- Maintains all chain of custody paperwork
- Promotes a safe work environment by being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Maintains the crematorium, equipment and adjacent facilities
- May deliver/release cremated remains to appropriate funeral home or proper authority
- Other duties as directed by management
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a formal program at a college or technical school specializing in funeral service or mortuary science where required by state law.
- Minimum one to three months experience as an apprentice
- Certified Crematory Operator as required by state law; valid driver’s license required if performing removals and transfers of bodies and delivering cremated remains
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with the basic operation of industrial equipment to include basic trouble-shooting skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with all affiliates and/or third parties
- Good communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
Job Category: Cemetery Arrangements/Sales
Company: SCI Shared Resources
Job Type: Part Time
Education: High School Diploma
Job Location: Oregon Portland
Experience: Entry Level