Full Job Description
When you join Martinez Funeral Home & Crematory, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Martinez Funeral Home & Crematory is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The Crematory Operator reports to the Location Manager and will have the responsibility to see that the remains are properly received and processed at the crematory, and that the cremated remains are returned to the authorized person(s)/Location.
The Crematory Operator’s duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Care for deceased in a respectful manner while performing all the tasks involved in the cremation process
- Receive remains and ensure all documentation is complete
- Complete all required documentation with respect to cremation process and equipment maintenance
- Strict adherence to all professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations applicable to the cremation of human remains
- Promote a safe work environment by being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Maintain the crematorium, equipment and adjacent facilities
- Deliver cremated remains to appropriate funeral home
- Any other duties as directed by management
- This job is Nonexempt.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- To be company and state/province certified, or working towards certification, to cremate human remains in the state/province they wish to work
- Good driving record and valid current driver’s license required if performing removals and transfers of bodies and delivering cremated remains.
- Previous customer service experience would be an asset
- Good communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Professional and team player
Job Category: Others
Company: Legacy Funeral Group
Job Type: Full Time
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Job Location: Odessa Texas
Experience: 2 - 5 years