Full Job Description
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm MST, with different shift times within our hours of operation. It may be necessary and/or optional, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Work Location: Candidates in the Central, Mountain, or Pacific Time Zones preferred (remote/home-office based virtual position)
Department & Supervisors:
A Customer Service Representative is a part of the Traditional Customer Service Department, which is made up of approximately 8-10 team members. The Traditional Customer Service Department operates under the Preneed Division of Assurant, which is pre-funded funeral arrangements. This department is responsible for servicing and updating active policies. This team is led by one Supervisor who reports to the Department Manager.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (70-80 per day)
- Review, research, and analyze policy paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing.
- Communicate through correspondence with team members, customers, and funeral homes regarding policy updates, maintenance, or other required information using clear, simple language to ensure one call resolution.
- Processes paperwork.
- Research and process policy maintenance situations, returned mail, and other opportunities to put your critical thinking skills to use.
- Complete various internet searches.
- Collaborate with leaders and coworkers through team meetings, company activities, and other means.
- Attend required training.
- Can adjust to new and changing business needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong phone and computer skills
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to resolve the case.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic insurance knowledge helpful but not necessary
We recognize our most valuable asset is our employees. As we continue to grow, we are looking for individuals that will help us provide the best customer experience and support a thriving business. We provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all our Customer Service team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, and to grow your career.
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.