Full Job Description
Join a rapidly growing, post Series A startup with a hard-charging, ambitious team. Our goal is to build an industry defining company in an untapped and unglamorous market, helping families at one of the most difficult times of their lives.
This is an opportunity to work at the pinnacle of customer care at one of the Bay Area’s most exciting startups.
We’re on a mission to reinvent the funeral experience for families. Specializing in direct cremation, we offer one simple product that can be arranged online or over the phone, and present a low-cost, high-quality alternative to traditional funeral homes. Our core selling point is centered around offering the simplest process, the most transparent prices, and best-in-class customer care.
Operating at the forefront of technology in the industry, our goal is to become America’s leading funeral brand.
Role: Customer Care Associate
Our Customer Care Associates are responsible for providing exceptional care to the families we serve during their end-to-end experience with Tulip.
- Sales: build a clear understanding of our product so you can easily articulate why we are the best choice for families considering using our services
- Customer care: work with families over the phone, online and via email to help them through our process, delivering care with a positive and patient attitude
- Industry knowledge: become familiar with the processes and regulations in our industry and ensure that you are executing your work efficiently and accurately
- Collaboration: work closely with our suppliers and partners throughout the process, communicating problems quickly and working to build relationships
- Escalation: handle highly sensitive and challenging situations with customers as required, and escalate cases you identify as being problematic
- Administrative: ordering death certificates from the county as soon as a death has been registered. Supporting the team in any other way that helps Tulip to deliver exceptional service to every single family.
- Caring, empathetic and committed to providing best-in-class service for our customers
- Confident and reassuring attitude to comfort our customers
- Attention to detail to ensure we minimize mistakes and get work done efficiently
- Proficient with technology, our associates assist families through our website and online forms
- Ability to handle numerous tasks at the same time and be cool under pressure
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and excited about working at a fast-growing startup with highly motivated, hard-working teammates
- Ability to learn quickly as we will provide you with all of the training you’ll need to excel at Tulip
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a startup
- Have worked in customer success in the past
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used: