Full Job Description
As a Customer Service Representative you’ll put your skills and talents along with our training to work as you review, research and process claim payments to funeral homes or beneficiaries after a loved one has passed. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven, and customer-focused. A Customer Service Representative will also handle in bound phone calls from funeral homes and loved ones requesting claim status or reporting a passing; as well as insured’s wishing to cash in or cancel their policies.
The Customer Service Representative position is full-time (40 hours/week). The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Mountain Standard Time. Based on business needs It may be necessary to work occasional overtime.
This is a work from home remote position.
- Review, research, and analyze claim paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing payments.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (20-60 per day).
- Communicate through correspondence with team members and funeral homes regarding claim payment or required information using clear and simple language to ensure understanding.
- Processes cancellation requests.
- Research aged claims for proof of passing.
- Sets up and assign new policy numbers on older business.
- Requests medical records from doctor’s offices.
- Compares at need to preneed funeral contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to process a claim.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Call Center experience a plus