Join a rapidly growing, post Series A startup with a hard-charging, ambitious team. Our goal is to build an industry defining company in an untapped and unglamorous market, helping families at one of the most difficult times of their lives.
This is an opportunity to work at the pinnacle of customer care at one of the Bay Area’s most exciting startups.
We’re on a mission to reinvent the funeral experience for families. Specializing in direct cremation, we offer one simple product that can be arranged online or over the phone, and present a low-cost, high-quality alternative to traditional funeral homes. Our core selling point is centered around offering the simplest process, the most transparent prices, and best-in-class customer care.
Operating at the forefront of technology in the industry, our goal is to become America’s leading funeral brand.
Role: EDRS Specialist
Who they are:
Our EDRS Specialists supercharge the speed at which we can deliver an exceptional service to our families.
They are starter-finishers and empty-inboxers, who will do anything and everything in their power to get the job done.
They have a keen eye for detail, and can spot a small problem long before it becomes a big problem.
What they are responsible for:
Working with doctors, coroners and the state to register deaths with the state quickly, before sharing permits back with the team.
Ensuring any paperwork received has been filled out to a high enough standard, working with family care and doctors to correct inaccurate information.
Becoming an expert at using state and internal systems to efficiently register deaths.
Spotting opportunities for automation and improvement.
- Fax any new cases through to doctors as soon as possible
- Respond to any questions that came in overnight
Throughout the day:
- Work methodically through cases, oldest to newest
- Identify problem cases early and take corrective steps
- Build relationships with the doctors and nurses we work with
- Be efficient in communications – one phone call is better than two
Before they leave:
- All new cases have been faxed over to doctors
- Any overdue cases have been chased
- California Electronic Death Registration System Certified
- 2 year work experience using EDRS
Tulip Cremation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.