Full Job Description
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Learns to care for the remains of the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks. Fulfills the requirements as dictated by the licensing board in the practicing state or province. Works under the supervision of a licensed embalmer.
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks: verifying identification and embalming authorization; performing restorations; completing removals and transfers; dressing, styling hair and or applying cosmetics and; any other preparation required for human remains.
- Adheres to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authority regulations
- Assists with maintenance of preparation room and the facility
- Cleans soiled equipment and hazardous material spills
- Ensures hazardous materials and spills are handled in accordance with the Material Data Safety Sheets
- Assists with chemical and supply inventory
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies
- Promotes a safe work environment be being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a diploma training program at a recognized college or technical school specializing in funeral service or mortuary science
- Graduation pending from accredited mortuary college or other degree as required by state/province law
- Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law and as prescribed by each state board
- Current state/province issued driver’s license
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift over 75 pounds
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Job Category: Others
Company: SCI Shared Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Location: Florida Tampa
Experience: Entry Level