Full Job Description
When you join Sunset Memorial Gardens, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Sunset Memorial Gardens is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The Family Service Counselor provides advice to bereaved families and help them make burial arrangements for their departed loved ones. They maintain positive communications with client families to answer questions regarding the burial process and often use their counseling expertise to help overwhelmed members cope with the loss. Family service counselors also protect the confidentiality of clients’ information.
The Family Service Counselor duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and in adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Knowledge of processes, principles, and methods for selling products and services
- Record of accomplishment in networking, developing leads, contacting referrals, setting appointments, and meeting monthly sales goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure and tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology
- Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Creative, outgoing, and energetic
- Comfortable with in-home sales and conducting group presentations
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong sales experience in the Funeral or Life Insurance industry is preferred
- High level of comfort using computer systems within a sales environment
- Desire to help others and earn a competitive income
- A good driving record and valid driver’s license
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.