Full Job Description
Forest Lawn has always attracted unique and exceptional individuals; those who aren’t satisfied with simply building a career, but want to go home at the end of the day knowing they’ve made a profound and positive difference in people’s lives. If this sounds like you, take a look at our job openings….We may have your next GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Our Field Sales Managers work with our new and existing outside sales professionals in an effort to generate leads, set up appointments, and close cemetery property and funeral service policy sales. Managers develop effective field training programs that teach sales representatives how to acquire customers via various prospecting techniques, provide guidance with client family meetings and communication, help maintain referrals and promote future business opportunities, along with assisting with paperwork and technological troubleshooting issues that may arise. The Field Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the other sales managers to ensure sales professionals achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals.
Forest Lawn has always attracted unique and exceptional individuals; those who aren’t satisfied with simply building a career, but want to go home at the end of the day knowing they’ve made a profound and positive difference in people’s lives. If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you.
- Train new sales representatives, and existing technology-deficient outside sales representatives, on the usage of the equipment and software provided to them by the Association including desktops, laptops, cellular phones, printers, fax machine, the use of the security fob, time and attendance software, Excel, Work, Outlook, and various functions related with HMIS. May assign Sales Secretary to assist as needed.
- Ensure that the sales representatives are able to conduct a park tour, present funeral insurance information, tablet information, as well as post need sales presentations. Ensure that planners are capable of completing contracts and documents related to these activities.
- Instruct and supervise sales representatives in their duties and Forest Lawn’s sales business, and in all applicable law, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the sales representatives who have not received their cemetery sales license after completion of training period receive the license as well as a limited life or full life agent insurance license. Assist Sales representative in preparing for the exam.
- Promote sales and enhance the business and goodwill of Forest Lawn.
- Assist and supervise sales representatives in generating customer leads, giving presentations and making sales.
- Support all sales representatives in their sales efforts.
- Report and document personnel issues to Regional Sales Manager and Human Resources in a timely manner
- Partner with Regional Manager and Human Resources to recruit new sales representatives
- Follow up with the sales representatives regarding the status of each policy on the delinquency report and necessary steps to be taken to save the policy.
- Follow up with the sales representatives as to the steps taken to prevent these properties from going into default.
- Create monthly event/kiosk/table top schedule in a manner prescribed by management in a timely manner.
- Support with the assistance of the Sales Office Manager, the sales representatives in updating their presentation material as required.
- Support Regional Sales Manager in his/her effort to develop and grow the business in the region.
- Ensure that all sales representatives report results of their appointments and presentations into the CRM system promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that all employees have current commodity and table books as well as other required information needed to sell by such as the general price list.
- Assign sales representatives to specific areas for prospecting by telephone, door to door and direct mail to ensure that the region is saturating the market that comprises its territory. Ask each new sales professional who has recently completed training to conduct a park tour and present the planning center.
- Manage one or more cold calling nights each week. Ensure that the sales representatives are using proper phone techniques, designated phones and are complying with the “Do Not Call” procedures.
- Attend all managers meeting and promote Forest Lawn through approved community events.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager in conducting weekly sales meetings.
- Manage the region in the absence of Regional Sales Manager.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED required
- BS/BA degree or 4+ years of direct sales management experience is required.
- Cemetery/Mortuary or Insurance experience is preferred.
Other Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have positive, supportive, and motivating attitude and demeanor.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Knowledge of CRM or Salesforce system preferred.
- Must have valid CA Driver License with reliable transportation.
- Attainment of Limited Life Insurance License within six months upon hire will be required.
- Attainment of Cemetery Sales Persons License within three months upon hire will be required.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
DRUG TESTING POLICY
Prior to beginning employment, all job applicants who receive a job offer will be required to voluntarily submit to a drug screening test conducted by a laboratory designated by Forest Lawn. The drug screening method is a hair collection test that will detect the use of illegal drugs within the past 90 days. A positive drug test may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
Forest Lawn has registered to participate in the federal government’s E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire’s completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates.