We are a small, family-owned funeral home currently hiring for the position of fully-licensed embalmer/funeral director with the following skills/beliefs/capabilities:
*strong belief in honesty, integrity, and quality
*passion for the art and science of embalming, dressing, and cosmetizing
*minimum of 5 years of embalming experience
*self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
*willingness to learn
Typical job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting transfers
- Talking with families and answering questions
- Confirming authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
- Supervising and caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
- Embalming, including verifying identification of the deceased and obtaining authorization for embalming
- Dressing and/or applying cosmetics.
- Preparing cremated remains, including container selection, paperwork and identification procedures
- Transporting cremated remains to/from crematory
- Any other preparation required for human remains
- Meeting with families to arrange services; conducting visitations and services.
- High School diploma or general equivalency degree (or diploma).
- Completion of a dual degree training program at an accredited mortuary college or technical school specializing in funeral AND mortuary science.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Embalmer/Funeral Director
- Must meet all licensing requirements in Texas
- Valid, insurable driver’s license
- Tiffany Hanson