- Performs removals of deceased from hospital, nursing home or residence to transport to the funeral home.
- May perform removals from prep rooms or embalming facilities as well.
- Maintains and ensures removal vehicle is clean inside and out and is properly maintained.
- Maintains adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment in removal vehicles
- Professional appearance required- Suit and Tie (No visible tattoos or excessive piercings)
- Ability to lift 200+ pounds
- Ability to follow instructions given over the phone or in person
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work with kindness and compassion for the deceased and their families
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
As this is a very ‘hands on’ vocation, (Requiring to touch, lift, gently move deceased), it demands a high level of physical fitness and mental fortitude.
- Clean driving record
- Handle human remains in a safe and dignified manner
- Have a valid class C Driver’s License
- Ability to maneuver heavy weight
- Funeral Assistance License (we will provide if necessary)
- Available for day, night, weekend, & holiday overnight
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures with little supervision
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Drug Testing / Background check will be conducted
$40,000 – $60,000 a year