Full Job Description
When you join Davis Funeral Home Eastern, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Davis Funeral Home Eastern is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The Arranger performs a similar function as a Funeral Director and reports to the Location Manager. Licensed Arrangers arrange funerals and cremations with families. He/She provides customer service in most areas of helping our families achieve peace following the loss of a loved one. Arrangers implement choices made by the families regarding the memorialization of the individual. As with Funeral Directors, they are responsible to ensure customers’ full range of needs is addressed, whether by themselves or by appropriately licensed individuals.
Successful candidates are people who establish strong personal and business relationships with customers. Arrangers are listeners, advisors, supporters and facilitators. They are accountable for servicing families in a professional and timely manner. Respectful service and attention to customer needs are integral to a continued relationship with the family. Contributing as a team member, where individuals work together and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes is important.
The Arranger duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Arranging and conducting funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner and in keeping with Company Policies and Procedures
- Retain heritage and grow market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
- Assist on funeral services by supervising the parking of cars, ushering, driving funeral vehicles, assisting at chapel and church services, assisting at the cemetery, delivery of flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families and setting of chairs and the removal, proper care and storage of these items, picking up supplies, participating at special functions and other duties, as required
- Responsible for reviewing the family’s pre-need information and ensure that family service follows up with the family.
- Ensure potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
- Promote a safe work environment by adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Ensure adherence to all professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules applicable to the provision of funeral services
- Complete and accurate preparation of all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry
- Office duties such as operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system from time to time
- Washing and cleaning of all funeral home vehicles and other client vehicles as required from time to time as a promotional gesture
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property; receive caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory and carrying out any other responsibilities that may be reasonably delegated by management
- General maintenance of building, grounds and vehicles as per Cleaning Schedule and Maintenance log
- Answering phones, preparing reports as necessary and participating in staff meetings
- Any other duties as directed by management.
- This job is Nonexempt. This statement is only applicable to US employees.
Required Education and Experience
- Equivalent to high school education and completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school specializing in funeral service or experience equivalent
- Good driving record and must provide a valid driver’s license
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience would be a definite asset
- Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset, or willingness to learn
- Above average communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Professional and team player
Job Category: Customer Service
Company: Legacy Funeral Group
Job Type: Full Time
Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Experience: 2 - 5 years