Full Job Description
When you join Davis Funeral Home Rainbow, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Davis Funeral Home Rainbow is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Arranging and conducting funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner and in keeping with Company Policies and Procedures
- Retain heritage and grow market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
- Assist on funeral services by supervising the parking of cars, ushering, driving funeral vehicles, assisting at chapel and church services, assisting at the cemetery, delivery of flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families and setting of chairs and the removal, proper care and storage of these items, picking up supplies, participating at special functions and other duties, as required
- Responsible for reviewing the family’s pre-need information and ensure that family service follows up with the family.
- Ensure potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
- Promote a safe work environment by adopting general principles of safe conduct
- Ensure adherence to all professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules applicable to the provision of funeral services
- Complete and accurate preparation of all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry
- Office duties such as operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system from time to time
- Washing and cleaning of all funeral home vehicles and other client vehicles as required from time to time as a promotional gesture
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property; receive caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory and carrying out any other responsibilities that may be reasonably delegated by management
- General maintenance of building, grounds and vehicles as per Cleaning Schedule and Maintenance log
- Answering phones, preparing reports as necessary and participating in staff meetings
- Any other duties as directed by management.
- This job is Nonexempt. This statement is only applicable to US employees.
Required Education and Experience
- Equivalent to high school education and completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school specializing in funeral service or experience equivalent
- Good driving record and must provide a valid driver’s license
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience would be a definite asset
- Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset, or willingness to learn
- Above average communication skills
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Professional and team player
Davis Funeral Home Rainbow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.