Full Job Description
When you join Collison Carey Hand Funeral Home, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Collison Carey Hand Funeral Home is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The Funeral Assistant position performs a variety of funeral service related tasks before, during and after funeral/memorial services, viewing/visitation services, committal services and other related but unspecified services under the supervision of the funeral director in charge of the services. Funeral assistants are under the immediate and direct supervision of the funeral director in charge and/or the funeral home location manager.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Conduct all duties in compliance with all company policies and procedures, all governmental regulations and generally accepted and applied principles and practices of funeral service.
- Placing casket in stateroom or chapel prior to service.
- Greet persons entering the establishment, determine the nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Provide information about establishment, such as service and viewing/visitation information, employees within the organization and/or services provided.
- Cleaning the facility, automobiles and funeral equipment prior to use.
- Assist in the daily cleaning, maintenance and organization of the funeral home.
- Arranging floral offerings or lights around casket.
- Directing, instructing or escorting the public.
- Handing out memorial folders.
- Assisting in closing casket.
- Assist in lifting and placement of casket.
- Carry flowers to flower vehicles, funeral coach and/or cars.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid state’s driver’s license.
- Driving flower vehicle, funeral coach or limousine.
- Cleaning and storing funeral equipment after services.
- Operate telephone to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages.
- Perform a variety of supportive tasks under the supervision of the funeral director in charge to ensure that all services are conducted in a smooth and well-planned manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Professional communication skills
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid driver’s license
Collison Carey Hand Funeral Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.