Short’s Funeral Chapel in Moscow, Idaho has an immediate opening for a long-term Funeral Director/Embalmer or Apprentice (completed school/NBE).
Short’s Funeral Chapel in Moscow, Idaho is seeking an honest, compassionate, hardworking individual to join our team as a Full time Funeral Director/Embalmer or Apprentice.
The primary Funeral Director/Embalmer duties include; removals, initial contact with families, arrangement conferences and follow-up, directing services, embalming and final preparation of body for service or cremation, and general cleaning and housekeeping duties. The “ideal” candidate would be able to “hit the ground running” as well as being willing to learn.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage time, identify and understand deadlines and be highly organized. The respectful and safe use of facilities, autos and equipment. Contribute ideas and talents as a valued member of the team.
- Education: Associate Degree in Mortuary Science or related filed
- Experience: Funeral Director: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mortician or Funeral Directors License or ability to obtain within 12 months of Hire
- Must have, or be able to obtain a valid Idaho State Driver’s License at the time of hire.
- Must be Insurable under the Company’s auto insurance
- Ability to Sit; Stand; and lift up to 150 lbs
Short’s Funeral Chapel is a small family owned business proudly serving the Greater Moscow area since 1921. Currently we serve about 165 families a year. We are committed to our families, by providing care and direction, being compassionate and providing excellent service. The area is known as the Palouse and Moscow is home to the University of Idaho. Washington State University is only 7 miles away in Pullman.
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call Rotation
- Bi – weekly
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter at: https://www.shortsfuneralchapel.com/contact-us