Aim high. Choose a career that matters.
Are you looking for a career that has no limits? Then maybe it’s time to consider a profession you’ve probably never thought about before – funeral services.
- Growth: Be in a position of growth and opportunity where your compensation and benefits can go well beyond your expectations; all while maintaining essential work-life balance and ongoing training and support.
- Security: You’ll be joining a growing profession where your role is invaluable and always needed.
- Purpose: It doesn’t get more rewarding than helping someone through the hardest time in their life, from providing comfort to a grieving family to planning the perfect ceremony that honors a life well lived.
Paid internship. On-the-job training. Company-Paid second degree.
This program is specially designed for college seniors graduating with a degree in Hospitality or related Customer-Service programs and provides on-the-job experience through a paid internship, a second degree in mortuary science sponsored by NorthStar, and a career path full of possibilities.
As a part of the Funeral Director in Training Program, you will receive training at select NSMG Funeral Homes as a part-time or full-time Staff Associate while obtaining your Funeral Director Certification or an Associates Degree in Mortuary Science online.
As a Staff Associate at NorthStar, you’ll:
- Receive dedicated support & training from Location Leadership
- Spend one on one time with each Funeral Director, Advisors, Sales Manager, Admin team, and Maintenance superintendent at the location
- Sit in on at-need arrangement conferences & observe first calls
- Assist funeral directors & client families with events held on site, including services and arrangement conferences
- Learn the signature service offerings and the meaning behind them
- Learn the ins & outs of our Mission (PACT) and our profession
- Work Visitations & Services with Location Leadership
- Navigate through NorthStar Academy & Bridge to Learning Online Training
- Weekly Review Sessions with your FDIT Program Champion
As a Funeral Director, you’ll:
- Handle all aspects of planning and hosting services for our client families and their loved ones
- Serve as an essential source of support, guidance, and direction to families before, during, and after the loss of a loved one
Candidate Selection Criteria:
- Must be a graduating Senior enrolled full-time in a hospitality/service-oriented undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Demonstrated competencies and experience in a service-related industry
Apply today to take the next step in becoming a part of our Funeral Director-In-Training Program! To apply for the program, simply click the “Apply” button on this post to get started. As a part of the application process, you’ll also be asked to respond to a few questions so we can get to know you better, which include:
- What interests you the most about this opportunity?
- Describe your experience in a service-related industry
We are committed to the safety of our employees and the families we serve as a top priority. We provide masks, gloves, sanitation supplies, PPE gear, and additional processes and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
NorthStar Memorial Group
Job Category: Admin/Human Resources Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer
Company: NorthStar Memorial Group
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Location: Florida
Experience: 2 - 5 years