- Growth: Be in a position of growth and opportunity where your compensation and benefits can go well beyond your expectations; all while maintaining essential work-life balance and ongoing training and support.
- Security: You’ll be joining a growing profession where your role is invaluable and always needed.
- Purpose: It doesn’t get more rewarding than helping someone through the hardest time in their life, from providing comfort to a grieving family to planning the perfect ceremony that honors a life well lived.
Paid internship. On-the-job training. Company-Paid second degree.
As a Staff Associate at NorthStar, you’ll:
- Receive dedicated support & training from Location Leadership
- Spend one on one time with each Funeral Director, Advisors, Sales Manager, Admin team, and Maintenance superintendent at the location
- Sit in on at-need arrangement conferences & observe first calls
- Assist funeral directors & client families with events held on site, including services and arrangement conferences
- Learn the signature service offerings and the meaning behind them
- Learn the ins & outs of our Mission (PACT) and our profession
- Work Visitations & Services with Location Leadership
- Navigate through NorthStar Academy & Bridge to Learning Online Training
- Weekly Review Sessions with your FDIT Program Champion
- Handle all aspects of planning and hosting services for our client families and their loved ones
- Serve as an essential source of support, guidance, and direction to families before, during, and after the loss of a loved one
- Must be a graduating Senior enrolled full-time in a hospitality/service-oriented undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Demonstrated competencies and experience in a service-related industry
Apply today to take the next step in becoming a part of our Funeral Director-In-Training Program! To apply for the program, simply click the “Apply” button on this post to get started. As a part of the application process, you’ll also be asked to respond to a few questions so we can get to know you better, which include:
- What interests you the most about this opportunity?
- Describe your experience in a service-related industry
We are committed to the safety of our employees and the families we serve as a top priority. We provide masks, gloves, sanitation supplies, PPE gear, and additional processes and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our community.