Full Job Description
Are you looking to be part of a team that is working to create transformative change? Want to be part of a fun and engaging team? Do you have a passion to learn, grow, educate, and share information? We are looking for that special person to deliver critical education and key funeral and preneed concepts to those directly engaged in funeral service, preneed or related/ancillary professions (i.e., hospice, social work).
In the role of Funeral Service Education Partner, you will formulate partnerships and deliver value-added learning opportunities to management, employees, and industry professionals enabling them to educate communities, and families on how to plan healing and meaningful funerals. You will also act as a champion, change agent, and culture steward for our company.
- Develop and deliver programs that engage sales, funeral/preneed, adjacent industry professionals, and home office employees, through face-to-face and virtual learning and growth opportunities.
- Provide support and materials to develop internal and external stakeholders (i.e., funeral service professionals, preneed sales professionals, adjacent industry professions, home office staff) to achieve program objectives.
- Create and distribute training material in a variety of formats (i.e., written, DIG University and virtual or live training sessions) for internal and external stakeholders (i.e., funeral service professionals, preneed sales professionals, adjacent industry professions, home office staff).
- Create and reinforce L&D engagement programs and processes.
- Deliver engaging training sessions in the classroom, virtually, online, and individually.
- Use sound instructional design principles to develop courses for classroom, virtual, online, and blended or flipped learning formats.
- Collaborate with L&D, sales, etc. to develop and improve programs and processes.
- Work with Learning and Development team at various regional or company-wide training events to promote best more respected services and products in funeral service ideals to accomplish learning activity goals.
- Funeral service and/or preneed sales experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Training or education background
- Instructional design and educational theory
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Critical and creative thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration orientation
- Organizational skills
- Technical capacity (Zoom, Microsoft 365, LMS platforms, development software)
- Outcome/results oriented
- Platform/presentation skills
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Coaching with assertiveness
Travel Required: 30%
Funeral Directors Life offers an award-winning workplace that is truly one-of-a-kind. The company has been recognized with numerous workplace awards, including the prestigious FORTUNE magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces List, the Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance List, the Best Workplaces for Millennials List, and the Best Workplaces in Texas List. The company is also a winner of the top 100 Best Companies to Work for in Texas, published by Texas Monthly.
Based in Abilene, TX, Funeral Directors Life offers a unique corporate culture and benefits that our employees love! Founded on Christian principles of leadership through service, integrity, honesty, and respect, the company is dedicated to serving the funeral profession and helping funeral homes enhance their service to families in a rapidly changing marketplace. In fact, our mission is “to be known as the best, most-respected provider of service to the funeral industry.”
So, what makes Funeral Directors Life such a great place to work? We apply these same principles to how we treat our employees: offering excellent compensation, a fun, friendly, and supportive work environment, and more benefits and perks than we can mention; including employer-paid health coverage, 401 (k) matching, life insurance, an on-site clinic, a 24-hour fitness center, free fresh fruit and beverages, a corporate university, book studies, and many personal growth opportunities for mind, body, and soul. An Equal Opportunity Employer.