Full Job Description
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides clerical and administrative assistance supporting funeral operations. Other general duties include meeting the general public, answering questions and providing information on funeral and cremation information and other related topics, answering phones courteously and in a polite manner, assisting on funeral, memorial and other services or ceremonies as requested by funeral home clients and management. Attendance at monthly staff meeting is expected.
The Funeral Services Assistant duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Prepares for services to include delivering and setting up floral arrangements, chairs, caskets, urns, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families; ensures proper care and storage of any of these items
- Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, as directed by management
- Assists with respectful preparation of remains of deceased, including dressing and lifting deceased, or operation of crematory, as permitted by law and in keeping with company regulations
- Performs office duties such as answering phones and operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system.
- Run errands such as for floral delivery, picking up of supplies, documents, etc
- Serves as an usher and may park cars or perform any transportation requirements.
- Drives Funeral Home vehicles for services and picking up families
- Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
- Assist with visitations, memorial and funeral services which may include; visitation and chapel set up, dressing and casketing remains, delivering family items and flowers.
- Prepares documents related to services, cremations, maintenance etc.,
- Greets and receives client families and / or other persons entering the office for information and assistance
- Accommodates the needs of the family during a service and/or visitation
- May wash and clean funeral home vehicles and other client vehicles as required from time to time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office suite and databases preferred; ability and willingness to learn required
- Valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Professional behaviors and team player
Postal Code: 27106
Job Location: US-NC – Clemmons