Full Job Description
This position performs a variety of funeral service related tasks before, during and after funeral/memorial services, viewing/visitation services, committal services and other related but unspecified services under the supervision of the funeral director in charge of the services. Funeral assistants are under the immediate and direct supervision of the funeral director in charge and/or the funeral home location manager.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with all company policies and procedures, all governmental regulations and generally accepted and applied principles and practices of funeral service.
- Placing casket in stateroom or chapel prior to service.
- Greet persons entering the establishment, determine the nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Provide information about establishment, such as service and viewing/visitation information, employees within the organization and/or services provided.
- Cleaning the facility, automobiles and funeral equipment prior to use.
- Assist in the daily cleaning, maintenance and organization of the funeral home.
- Arranging floral offerings or lights around casket.
- Directing, instructing or escorting the public.
- Handing out memorial folders.
- Assisting in closing casket.
- Assist in lifting and placement of casket.
- Carry flowers to flower vehicles, funeral coach and/or cars.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid Nevada state driver’s license.
- Driving flower vehicle, funeral coach or limousine.
- Cleaning and storing funeral equipment after services.
- Operate telephone to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages.
- Perform a variety of supportive tasks under the supervision of the funeral director in charge to ensure that all services are conducted in a smooth and well-planned manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Professional communication skills
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid driver’s license
- Good written and verbal communication skills needed for interactions with grieving families, co-workers, and other stakeholders to generate accurate, timely responses to questions and requests in a calm, professional manner;
- Collaborate easily with co-workers, keep shared information up to date, and work well independently and on projects; and
- Works with other departments as needed.
- Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work Achieve Results
- Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others’ ideas and suggestions
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager
- Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed
- Ability to interface well with personnel at all levels
Job Category: Others
Company: Legacy Funeral Group
Job Type: Part Time
Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Location: Texas Uvalde
Experience: 2 - 5 years