Full Job Description
Whether you believe in serendipity or just plain luck, you’ve just found the “best kept secret” in the sales world. We offer our independent sales professionals an opportunity to learn the business from our trained sales professionals.
We are seeking an Independent Sales Representative for South Florida. In this role, you will be responsible for generating pre‐need sales for locations in your market.
Why should you consider this Opportunity?
- You consider yourself a “one call closer” with the track record to back it up
- You have 2+ years of direct sales experience and a reputation for consistently hitting quota
- Your high emotional intelligence and strong communications skills make you a natural presenter
- You’re a tenacious, enthusiastic, and disciplined self-starter
- You’re motivated by the opportunity to earn $70,000 or more a year
- Actively builds relationships in the community to educate and guide families in their preplanning decisions
- Excels in his/her ability to set an appointment, give a preplanning guide presentation.
- Utilizes our proprietary software, Navigator, to complete contracts timely, neatly and accurately.
- Actively tracks all sales activity and ratios to measure areas of strength and areas that need improvement
- Uses Velocify to track all contacts and ensure professional follow-up
- Prospects regularly using multiple methods including cold calling, door knocking, mailers, seminars, and outside events
- Provides world class customer service, a positive attitude, and a willingness to do “Whatever it takes”
- Keeps current in areas as they relate to our profession (veteran’s benefits, social security benefits, end of life decisions, etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish
- 2+ years of direct or in-home sales experience
- 2+ years of public speaking & presentation experience
- Discipline, high energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills; high emotional intelligence
- Must be able to work independently and take minimal direction
- Strong ability to earn trust and use consultative selling techniques
- Ability to effectively present to groups of people
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within the community
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Experience handling difficult situations with confidence and compassion
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid state driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
Job Category: Sales/Marketing
Company: NorthStar Memorial Group
Job Type: Commission Only
Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Location: Florida Fort Lauderdale
Experience: 2 - 5 years