Full Job Description
New Starting Salary $15/hour
Are you ready to walk through the door of opportunity? You are on the right path towards a new and exciting opportunity to embrace a new beginning!
If you are up for the challenge and are seeking a rewarding career in a fast-paced work environment, career progression and the chance to learn from the best, then we want you! Get ready to join our awesome Cemeteries team, supporting the City of Savannah historical cemeteries.
As a Maintenance Worker in the Cemeteries Department you will be responsible for participating in City maintenance. You will also have an opportunity to help maintain our beautiful and historical City cemeteries.
Women, Minorities and Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply!
- Performs general maintenance, grounds maintenance, landscape maintenance, and custodial duties in cemeteries and cemetery buildings.
- Assists with burial operations; Cleans and maintains buildings and facilities, including
- Removing litter, streets, utilities, repairing fences and other equipment.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance.
- Inspects, operates, and maintains a variety of small engine equipment in support of
cemetery maintenance operations.
- Controls traffic on work sites; sets up traffic control devices; maintains a clean and safe
- Performs stand-by and on-call duties for after-hour funerals, emergencies, and special
- Troubleshoot basic maintenance problems and performs various repairs.
- Maintains landscaping, storm drainage, and irrigation systems; treats plants and turf for
disease, cultivates and maintains trees and flower beds.
- Assists in the application of various pesticides and herbicides.
- Assists in the preparation of facilities for special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent; six (6) months of related maintenance experience necessary. Experience in grounds, landscape, or general maintenance. Preferred skills include operation of lawn maintenance equipment.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
May require the following certifications/licenses:
- Confined Space Safety Certification
- ICS100 and ICS700
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Traffic Control Flagging Certification