Full Job Description
New Salary – $16/hr
Women, Minorities and Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply!
- Opens and closes graves by machine and by hand.
- Performs manual labor, general maintenance, or custodial duties in cemeteries.
- Surveys cemetery lots including uncovering buried lot markers, measuring and recording data; probes cemetery lots to locate burial containers.
- Assists cemetery visitors with information and directions; oversees after hour and weekend cemetery events; responds to service request.
- Operates equipment in support of cemetery operations to include, but not limited to, backhoes, tractors, mowers, chippers, leaf collectors, dump trucks, trailers, and other medium equipment.
- Operates chainsaws, line trimmers, hedgers, and edgers; operates backpack, handheld and push mowers and other small engine equipment.
- Conducts daily inspections and preventative maintenance of equipment; documents and reports any issues.
- Serves as lead person of work crew or works independently.
- Completes daily work reports and ensure crew members are properly exercising departmental safety procedures.
- Stores, mixes, transports, and applies various pesticides to target or host vegetation; applies pesticides with handheld or backpack sprayers.
- Repairs irrigation systems, spigots, and irrigation heads; cleans and repairs park benches, traffic signs, and cemetery markers; paints fences and iron work.
- Performs stand-by and on-call duty for after hour funerals, emergencies, and special events.
- Maintains professional certifications and attends training.
- Serves as a member of the City’s Critical Workforce; assists in emergency response during disaster incidents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent plus two (2) years of landscape, general grounds, or facilities maintenance plus two (2) years of backhoe experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid Class A or B Commercial driver’s license (required) with an acceptable driving history. Must possess or acquire within six (6) months of employment, a Georgia State Commercial Pesticide license with Right-of-Way endorsement.
Work Location: 330 Greenwich Rd Work Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair procedures.
- Knowledge of maintenance and construction procedures, equipment, and materials.
- Knowledge of cemetery maintenance and construction procedures, equipment and materials..
- Skill in the operation of lawn maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the operation of hand and power tools
- Skill in the operation of power sweeper, leaf blower, pressure washer, gate equipment and portable radio.
- Skill in oral and written communication.