Full Job Description
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Foster a sense of ownership in the location and pride in the staff, manage costs in a disciplined manner, and encourage profitable case volume growth. Manage the daily operations of multiple locations but a single line of business within the Funeral Home industry. Responsible for short-term planning as well as achieving annual sales revenue and production targets, Profit & Loss (P&L) goals, developing a professional and effective staff, and exceeding client family expectations
- Develop annual business plan. Work with local and Market Leadership to develop annual business plan and budget as well as financial, production and revenue goals.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving annual financial goals. Understand industry finances, how daily activities impact financial outcomes, and making appropriate sustainable business decisions. Approve expenditures and invoices including overtime.
- Manage the day-to-day activities ensuring on-time services, exceeding client family expectations. Remove barriers, encourage ideas, and identify improvements. Resolves moderately complex problems; provides resolution guidance to supervisors and empowering accountability. Assure the location’s operating practices comply with applicable federal & state regulations and Company policies.
- Responsible for establishing location goals and priorities. Develop, communicate, and monitor goals, priorities, processes and procedures. Manage frontline supervisor’s responsibilities, expectations, and accountabilities. Effectively present and communicate Company and Market strategies, values, and goals to location staff.
- Collaborate with local Management for resource sharing, ideas, and business or operational enhancements. Work with Market Leadership and Corporate Departments on product, process, and technology needs and improvements.
- Maintain building, facilities, and grounds in a clean, manicured, and working order budgeting appropriately for repairs including equipment and furniture. Ensure all safety, quality control, and compliance standards are adhered.
- Develop a strong, trusting, and reliable team. Understand team members career aspirations and provide assignments to develop skills and/or close gaps. Constructively address issues and provide tangible and appropriate feedback. Develop frontline supervisors’ proactive and collaborative management style in order to increase employee engagement and minimize turnover. Monitor training and licensing requirements ensuring staff is re-trained/licensed prior to expiration.
- Responsible for screening candidates (internal and external) and hiring or promoting a skilled and effective staff. Establishes pay, recommends pay increases, special pays, and career advancements.
- Discipline staff as necessary. Writes development plans to close behavior or skill gaps. Collaborates with Human Resources throughout discipline, development, and termination processes. Recommends and discusses terminations with Market Leadership.
- Funeral Home Management builds and expand brand and product awareness in order to increase sales and market share. May network with key community leaders to build business relationships, influence, and support the community. Participate in community, civic, or other organizations as a part of the local promotional efforts of the location and the Company.
- Develop and implement plans to improve customer satisfaction index and on-line community reviews.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned. Depending upon location size and schedules, may assist with arrangements, preparation of visitation and/or services, driving, or transporting thus demonstrating leadership and teamwork.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- At least twelve (12) hours college courses in Finance & Accounting strongly preferred
- Location Manager requires Technical schooling diploma Funeral Services / Mortuary Science preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Mortuary Science where required by state law
- Location Manager requires applicable state Funeral Director Licensure
- At least seven (7) years industry experience in applicable discipline with progressively increased responsibilities. Funeral Home Management must have knowledge of industry competitive pricing, demographic patterns, and market competition
- At least two (2) years’ experience managing people and effectively managing budgets and expense control required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in Financial and Business acumen
- Professional interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and tactfulness to interact with a variety of cultures and language barriers
- Proficient in MS Office suite including mail, word, excel, & power point
- Local travel up to 20%