What We Are looking For:
Motivated individual who wants to learn all aspects of mortuary, cemetery and cremation service, with advancement to management and a long term relationship.
Must have associates degree and be able to obtain funeral and cemetery licenses or be currently licensed.
Under general supervision of the operations manager help, organize, coordinate, execute, and assist in managing Grand View Memorial Park mortuary, cemetery and crematory activities. The following requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. Responsibilities will vary
- Service client families during cremation arrangements and associated services. Assist with caring for the deceased in a respectful manner.
- Help manage mortuary, cemetery and crematory data entry, recordkeeping, retention and archiving.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions.
- Attend to cemetery graveside services, cremation memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner.
- Helps grow market share through effective relationships with local mortuaries, hospitals, nursing facilities, coroner’s office, and other social service agencies
- Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, state and federal licensing authorities, rules and regulations.
- Completes and accurately prepares all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance and any other type of data entry.
- Assists with general office duties including answering phones and preparing reports as necessary.
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property.
- Receives equipment and supplies as well as place into inventory.
- Attends meetings and group activities as directed.
- Addresses and resolves customer service issues in a timely manner.
- This position may perform various service and client relations activities.
- Perform related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mortuary operations preferred.
- Principles and practices of successful management, supervision and training.
- Computers and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Office and business technology, including but not limited to printers, fax machines, telephones
- Available to work Saturdays, as needed
- Coordinating and supervising a variety of diverse activities concurrently.
- Building and maintaining relationships using tact, courtesy and diplomacy.
- Communicate and relate to others effectively in written and oral form.
- Assure compliance with established cemetery policies, regulations, directives and requirements.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Position involves periods of sitting, standing and/or walking, including walking of cemetery grounds.
- Intermittent bending, stooping, twisting, walking, kneeling, and crouching.
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
- Position requires ability to lift various amount of weight as needed.
- Filing and retrieving documents from 4-drawers-cabinets 5 feet high. Must reach above shoulder for 2 drawers or crouch to reach lower drawers.
Contact Person: Randy Inlow
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Number: 818-649-1870