Full Job Description
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Mortuary Technician.
The Morgue Technician will be responsible for performing NYU Langone Health and referred autopsies as indicated by the designated Pathologist at the OCME office.
- Performs autopsies as indicated by the designated pathologist.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the body, autopsy table, autopsy room including the floor, autopsy tools and cutting boards. Leaving the autopsy room clean and tidy condition after the case is complete.
- Returning organs not to be retained to the body and sewing the body and scalp in preparation for release to funeral home.
- Removing the dura from the skull and skull base and use the saw to remove the vertebral column for spinal cord removal.
- Incise and reflect the scalp skin and use the striker saw to open the skill to expose the brain for removal.
- Eviscerate the organs en block.
- Assist in mobilizing body for external photographs.
- Obtain weight and height information of the decedent.
- Move the body onto and off the autopsy table.