When you join the Lathan Funeral Home, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Lathan Funeral Home is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The Pre-Arranged Funeral Counselor will be responsible for meeting personal monthly and annual sales targets by utilizing your account management, new business development and sales skills. All duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and in adherence to company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Ensure monthly and annual sales budget is achieved by targeting clients in your region
- Maximize opportunities to gain client family business
- Develop new business and increase spend by all new and existing clients, in line with targets.
- Must be able to demonstrate and uphold our Company Values: Respect, Understanding, Creativity and Professionalism
- Responding to quote requests in adherence with company procedures.
- New business development, from either leads, referrals or own knowledge base.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing company clients by providing outstanding service and support.
- Creative, outgoing, and energetic
- Comfortable with in-home sales and conducting group presentations
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- A valid insurance license may be required in some states
- Strong sales experience in the Funeral or Life Insurance industry is preferred
- High level of comfort using computer systems within a sales environment
• Previous experience with Customer Relationship Management systems is a plus • High level of integrity, dedication, and desire to succeed
- Desire to help others and earn a competitive income
- A good driving record and valid driver’s license
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Lathan Funeral Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.