Full Job Description
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Working from home, presents at-need cemetery and pre-need arrangement services and products to consumers. Responsible for achieving monthly sales target. As a self-starter, develops relationships within the community to generate qualified leads. Follows up on leads generated from marketing campaigns to qualify lead and schedule sales appointments. Follow-up with client families for referrals by establishing professional relationships and service excellence.
- Responsible for attaining or exceeding monthly sales revenue quota. Applying sales skills, presents Dignity Memorial® Personal Planning Guide electronic power point presentations to consumers informing them of at-need cemetery and pre-need arrangement services and products. Influences consumer on the benefits of pre-planning for a soft close.
- Guides and tours prospective families through cemetery grounds or crematory mausoleums actively listening to needs, asking probing questions, and discussing options. Develops an understanding of each family’s unique needs and offers solutions to meet their needs. Provides service beyond expectations to form the foundation for future sales. Promotes the SCI Brand and service excellence.
- Following company processes and procedures, thoroughly and accurately completes contracts; follows up on outstanding documents and family questions. Provides and walks family through final contract. Addresses final questions.
- Self-initiates leads throughout the community, professional networks, civic, businesses, and organizations by building professional and reliable relationships. Prospects at least 50% of workday such as approaching families face-to-face during events, door knocking, or seminars. Maintains and tracks activity levels in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to ensure productivity, often works nights and weekends
- Obtains referrals from families served through after care visits (ACV).
- Schedules sales appointments. Based on qualifying lead, prepares marketing materials or cultural knowledge for appointments.
Build Relationships with Families
- Establishes and maintains professional and service oriented relationships with families by connecting with the family, resolving their concerns and needs, and meeting commitments. Connects with families through listening, honest communication and genuine concern
- Supports families in time of grief with acts of kindness; attends services and/or receptions.
- Represents a continuous link from services provided at need, through aftercare, to providing services to protect families in future
- Collaborates and builds professional working relationships with management and staff to provide high quality services and improve processes
- Shares family concerns with rest of the SCI team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- college coursework preferred
- Funeral Directors License where required by state law
- Life Insurance license where required by state law; company will support obtaining licensing
- Current state/province issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Sales experience preferred
- Industry experience a plus
- Previous Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems experience a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Computer and technology skills
- Goal oriented self-starter
- Public speaking ability; comfortable presenting to small groups
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to work a significant number of evenings and weekends
- Bilingual is a plus