Full Job Description
We offer an excellent benefits package to include 12 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, wellness programs, education reimbursement, deferred benefit contribution plan and more!
Women, Minorities and Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply!
- Performs manual labor, general maintenance, grounds maintenance, landscape maintenance, and custodial duties in cemeteries and cemetery buildings.
- Assists an assigned crew; supervises assigned crew as needed; promotes and observes safe work practices.
- Assists with burial operations; surveys cemetery lots including uncovering buried lot markers, measuring and recording data, probes cemetery lots to locate burial containers, opens and closes graves by machine and by hand, restores gravesites.
- Cleans and maintains buildings and facilities, including mowing grass, removing litter, streets, utilities, repairing fences and other equipment.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance; documents and reports any issues.
- Inspects, operates, and maintains a variety of small engine equipment in support of cemetery maintenance operations.
- Controls traffic on work sites; sets up traffic control devices; maintains a clean and safe work site.
- Troubleshoot basic maintenance problems and performs various repairs.
- Maintains landscaping, storm drainage, and irrigation systems; treats plants and turf for disease, cultivates and maintains trees and flower beds.
- Assists in the application of various pesticides and herbicides.
- Assists in the preparation of facilities for special events.
- Performs stand-by and on-call duties for after-hour funerals, emergencies, and special events.
- Serves as a member of the city’s Critical Workforce; assists in emergency response during disaster incidents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED plus one (1) year of related grounds maintenance, landscape maintenance, or facilities maintenance or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in cemetery maintenance preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
Experience with the following equipment preferred:
Zero-turn mower, bagger mower, tractor pulling a trailer with attachments, bush hog, flail mower, water tank trailer
May require the following certifications/licenses:
- Confined Space Safety Certification
- ICS100 and ICS700
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Traffic control Flagging certification
Work Location: 330 Greenwich Rd Work Hours: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential duties.
- Knowledge of job-related safety hazards and precautionary methods
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in the operation of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in oral communication.
- duties as assigned