The Part-Time Transfer Associate is responsible for providing professional, timely, and efficient transportation services to support funeral service requirements. Duties will include the caring and sensitive transport of deceased persons from a variety of locations, transporting the deceased, caskets and other funeral service materials/equipment between mortuary locations, as well as transports to shipping locations. Additional duties may include providing assistance to the embalming staff, courier duties, assisting the professional staff in support functions and routine care and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. This position performs duties independently with minimum direction from a supervisor or designated staff member.
We are specifically looking for candidates who are interested in working on-call night shifts.
On-call hours are from 5:00PM – 8:00AM and shifts available would be Monday night, Thursday night, Saturday night and Sunday on-call day shift from 8:00AM-5:00PM.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for responsive transportation services to suppler funeral services requirements by transporting decedents, caskets, and other funeral service materials/equipment between mortuary locations as well as shipping locations.
- Promotes service quality excellence and servant-leadership concept of the French Family of Companies
- Accomplishes first-call/transport responsibilities in a professional, timely and compassionate manner
- Exercise initiative and responsiveness to assure that transports of the deceased, caskets, and funeral equipment/materials between locations, or other designated locations, are achieved to meet specified time and State Board requirements
- Accurately provides body identification. Accomplishes a complete inventory and prepares body receipt documentation. Distributes forms to appropriate locations
- Effectively works with embalming staff to assist with body preparation, preparing the deceased for transportation, and other tasks as required
- Read, hear, understand, and process essential paperwork and instructions, both oral and written
- Consistently assures primary and secondary transport vehicles are maintained in a clean and serviceable condition at all times
- Assures transport equipment and support equipment (e.g., cots, stretcher, gloves, maps, family folders and door openers) are maintained in primary and secondary transport vehicles
- Reliability is paramount with absences in accordance with company policy and minimum tardiness
- Work primarily day shift, but have flexibility to work other hours including holidays if needed; availability to be on call
- Adheres to company dress code
- Successful completes OSHA training and testing
- Wears personal protective equipment as required
- Maintain work areas to company standards
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Some college preferred
- Prior experience working with public a plus
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work with minimum direction from supervisor or designated staff member
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and communicate effectively to staff
- Must be emotionally able to deal with death, grief and stress
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have some knowledge of OSHA and safety standards
- Must be able to understand and promote company policies and procedures
- Must be able to follow specific policies and procedures
- Must be able to identify safety violations, issues and to implement corrective action.
- Must possess a valid NM driver’s license with an insurable driving record per the requirements of the company insurance provider
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Consistently able to maintain a positive and caring attitude when meeting with family members, medical staff or other support personnel involved with removal/transfer matters
- Communicate effectively on the telephone and in person
- Maintain highest standard of ethics, personal conduct and confidentiality always
- Work well with others; as a team member, facilitating positive, productive, working relationships
- Assure that family/customer service satisfaction is paramount
- Positive attitude evident to all levels of the organization